The 8-time Tony Award-winning musical Once is coming to New Zealand for a 2-week season at Auckland's ASB Waterfront Theatre.
Peach Theatre Company is looking for musician-actors of all backgrounds to be part of this ensemble production.
Once is a powerful and enchanting love story, about a Dublin street musician and a young woman who takes a sudden interest in his songs. As the chemistry between them grows, his music soars to new heights - but their unlikely connection turns out to be deeper and more complex than expected.
***PLEASE NOTE -- ALL ACTORS MUST PLAY AT LEAST ONE OF THE INSTRUMENTS LISTED BELOW TO A HIGH LEVEL***
This is a fully professional production, rehearsing full time: Monday - Saturdays, from June 3rd 2019. Season runs June 27-July 14 2019 at the ASB Waterfront Theatre.
Auditions will be held in Auckland on the following dates: Tuesday 13th November Wednesday 14th November Recalls: Friday 16th November.
1. CV and headshot 2. Information on what instruments you can play, and to what level. 3. Which character you're auditioning for. 4. An industry referee contact or two.
Submissions must be made by no later than Friday 25th October. We will reply to every submission.
VIDEO AUDITIONS: ***If you cannot attend auditions, or are outside Auckland, you may submit an audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4th November 2018*** Successful video auditions may be fast-tracked to recalls.
Each cast member must play at least one of the following instruments: Piano Guitar Accordion Violin Cello Double bass Mandolin Ukulele Accordion Banjo Harmonica Guitar Guitar + vocals Electric Bass Drums Percussion
What to prepare:
1. PLAY FOR US Please play us a piece, in each instrument you play (1 minute each instrument) If auditioning for GIRL, please prepare and play for us, on piano, the first minute of Mendelssohn's 'Songs without Words".
2. SING FOR US Please sing us one song, either A cappella, with your instrument OR to piano backing (bring sheet music). (1 minute duration)
3. SPEAK FOR US Please read or recite a short poem of your choice. Please use an Irish accent, or Czech for those characters. (1 minute duration)
4. MOVE FOR US Be warm and prepared to do a basic movement sequence.
Each audition slot is 10 minutes. Please keep audition pieces short.
Guy - Male lead aged 20s-early 40s Must play guitar. Dublin accent. Busker. Stuck in what is. Wants to give up music. On the cusp of change.
Girl - Female lead aged 20s/30s Must play piano. Czech accent. Enchanting. Something special, magical, 'other' about her.
Da - male supporting aged 50-70s Dublin accent. Father of Guy. Decent. Man of few words. Widower.